Do Hair Transplants Work? Hair Skin and Wellness Clinic in Dublin
More and more men and women across the world are opting for hair transplants to cure their hair loss conditions – but do hair transplants actually work? If all the conditions of a good hair transplant are met, then yes, hair transplants do work. Hair transplant surgeries have proven to be very successful, and have helped individuals across the world to achieve a fuller head of hair, and hair growth in areas that showed mild to extreme hair loss.
What makes hair transplant procedures so increasingly popular, is because a successful hair transplant offers a permanent solution to their hair loss problem. This means that once the hair transplant surgery is complete, new hair growth will occur in the affected area, and no further hair loss of the newly transplanted hair follicles will occur. If you are looking for a lasting solution to your hair loss problems, book a consultation with Dr. André Nel in Dublin, Ireland today. Read more below about how hair transplant work.
Factors that influence the hair transplant procedure
What are the conditions that ensure a successful hair transplant procedure?
- Experienced hair transplant surgeon and team: The most important factor that will influence the success of a hair transplant procedure, is the experience of the hair transplant surgeon and his team. Dr. André Nel at Therapie Clinic in Ireland has gained years of experience and knowledge, and has worked with some of the top hair restoration specialists across the world. You are ensured of a qualified and experienced surgeon and surgical team when trusting Dr. André Nel to perform your hair transplant surgery in Ireland.
- Harvesting, management and storage of grafts (hair follicles): The procedure of harvesting the hair follicles / grafts is an extremely delicate and specialised procedure. Grafts are extracted from the donor area which contain a Follicular Unit with 1 – 4 hair follicles each. A specialised punch with a diameter of 0.7mm to 1.2mm and specialised forceps will ensure that the hair follicle is not damaged during harvesting process. Grafts will be stored in a specialised solution at a temperature of 4 to 5 degree Celsius before transplanted into the recipient area.
- Incision and transplant procedure: The surgeon will also need to ensure that the hair follicles are transplanted in the correct manner, which refers to the incision size, depth and angle that the hair follicle is implanted.
- Donor dominance: Donor dominance is the reason why hair transplant work so well. The presence of male hormones is what causes the hair loss in specific areas. Hair in donor area are not affected by male hormones, and will proceed to grow once transplanted to the recipient area.
- Goals and expectations: It is important that the patient and surgeon are in agreement with the goals and end result of the hair transplant. The patient will also need to agree to post hair transplant treatments to optimise hair growth and improve the results even more.
The many successful results achieved by Dr. André Nel is confirmation that hair transplants do work. Book a consultation with Dr. André Nel in Dublin Ireland to find out if you are a suitable candidate for a hair transplant procedure.